What is it like to work as part of the Scotscape Groundscape team?
Jake Shepherd joined the Scotscape Group in March 2019 and worked within our landscaping projects department. His tasks included paving, turfing, planting etc. Jake found he had a passion for the maintenance of landscapes and moved to our garden maintenance department ‘Groundscape’ with a mission to further his horticultural knowledge. From July 2019 Jake joined the Groundscape team and started working on various maintenance contracts. He very quickly picked up new skills and started to manage his own round. Jake started liaising with site managers and making improvements wherever possible. Jake and his wife had a baby last year and this gave him a further push to improve his skill set. To enable the professional growth that Jake was seeking The Groundscape management team set out a plan of action which included:
- Following schedules of work which included best horticultural practices
- Managing his team and their obligations on site
- Completing site audits that are sent to site managers
- Writing his own reports of his sites, including tasks completed, problems found, actions taken, steps going forward
- The management team also enlisted this great team player on the Horticultural Level 2 Course, receiving a 90% pass rate for his first test!
‘I enjoy working for Scotscape because of the passion for excellence shown by managers which filters down through to the operatives on all they do. Hard work and team players are championed and promoted through the ranks here and career progression is supported by the Directors of Groundscape. I hope to further my career within the Scotscape Group to support my young family and further expand my knowledge and passion for gardening.’ Jake Shepherd
It is a pleasure having you on board Jake – thank you for all of your consistent hard work.