About Smart Living Pillar
Greening Existing Urban Infrastructure
'Smart Living Pillar' is a smart greening system designed by the Scotscape Smartscape team to retrofit London's lamp-posts or other column structures with biodiverse planting to support pollinators and improve air quality.
The Benefits of Smart Living Pillar
Smart Living Pillar Benefits
* Smart Solar Technology powers irrigation
* Urban greening mitigates air pollution
* All year round attractive foliage and colour for placemaking
* Commercial revenue opportunities using signage and sponsorship
* Smart Irrigation recirculation system - no water wastage
* High water retension fabric to maximise water use
* Innovative construction using patented Fytotextile which supports long term plant growth
* Improves biodiversity and provides bird and bug lines into inner cities
* Enhances wayfinding through city centres
* Corporate, social responsibility - green wins
* Easily installed and Easily maintained
* Decorative lighting and seasonal planting for special events
Types of Smart Pillar
Horticultural Content to improve the built environment
Smart Living Pillar is available with three types of planting to benefit the urban environment.
The ‘Pollution relief’ pillar is full of plants to mitigate pollution
‘Biodiversity blend’ is planted to provide foraging for birds bees and butterflies throughout the year
‘Flower Tower’ is full of flowering plants bringing a wow factor to any thoroughfare.
Smart Living Pillar Brochure
If you would like to learn more about the Smart Pillar Innovation download our brochure here: Smart Living Pillar Brochure
Smart Living Pillar in Twyford
Easily installed on lighting columns and street furniture, the Smart living pillar™ has been designed to encourage biodiversity into city centres. The patented Fytotextile living wall system supports long term plant growth, the irrigation system is powered using solar energy and installation does not damage the column. The irrigation is recirculating therefore there is no water wastage. All year round foliage can enhance wayfinding and placemaking and particular plants can be chosen for tasks such as trapping particulate matter (PM), N0x and Carbon. Bird boxes and insect houses are installed to establish bird and bee lines back into the centre of our cities. Decorative and seasonal lighting can be installed to add further interest and the water reservoir at the base of the column can support commercial revenue opportunities using signage and sponsorship’.