About ivy screens
Driven by our desire to deliver sustainable solutions for urban greening, our green screens have been developed to provide instant coverage, air purification and bio-diversity.
Ivy Screens bring the proven benefits of Living Wall systems to the construction and events industries – delivering a great combination of aesthetics, performance, sustainability and value.
Traditional wood-panel hoardings can be unsightly and tend to be discarded as waste at the end of each project. This reusable Ivy Screen system offers an instant, effective, elegant and sustainable solution. The modular system is supplied fully planted and complete with standardised fixings and irrigation that can be joined module-by-module to create a secure boundary around the site.
Ivy screens are also ideal to incorporate in domestic gardens, creating attractive fencing and vertical greening, whilst offering a host of benefits listed below.
We provide a complete service, including design, supply, installation and maintenance, with options to purchase or hire the system. We are also able to remove and relocate Ivy Screens throughout the UK.
Ivy screen benefits
- Provide a sustainable, reusable screening solution for the construction and events industries
- Create an attractive alternative solution to conventional hoardings in the construction industry
- Provide instant greening for sites, on a short, medium or long term basis
- No waste disposal – at the end of a project, Living Hoardings can simply be relocated to another site or recycled
- Modular system – panels link together to create security boundaries around sites
- Absorb dust and airborne pollutants – 23m² of ivy screen absorbs fine dust particles equivalent to a city tree, ideal for minimising the impacts on the environment during construction
- Create an acoustic barrier, reducing construction noise
- Require no on-site water supply or power
- Reduce risk of graffiti
- Cost-effective solution – no need to maintain or store when not in use
- Promotional signage can be incorporated on ‘unplanted’ panels
- May be purchased outright or hired for the duration of the project
Pre-grown Ivy Screens offer immediate perimeter security and greening solutions which satisfy environmental and social sustainability requirements. Benefits include: aesthetics, improved air quality, low maintenance and ease of installation. The Screens also provide a deterrent against graffiti and other anti-social behaviour. Air pollution is a major concern within the urban environment, and it has been shown that ivy has a major effect on the reducing the level of PM10s and pollutants. Ivy Screens are now part of major study at Staffordshire University to quantify their impact and demonstrate how the Ivy Screens can be used more effectively to combat these important health issues.
Ivy Screens offer a cost effective environmental screening solution with the following benefits:
- Instant security provided by galvanised high carbon 5mm steel weldmesh
- Instant greening for a short or long-term screening solution
- Clients can install living Ivy Screen hoardings for the duration of a project. They are indefinitely reusable and are fully recyclable
- Increases biodiversity in the urban environment. Ivy is an important source of pollen for bees, habitat and food (berries) for birds and insects
- Reduces pollution in the environment. Ivies capture dust and particulate matter, 9 screens are of equal effectiveness to a mature street tree
- Virtually maintenance free and improve over time. Life expectancy up to 45 years
- Can be leased or purchased