Scotscape Maintenance Ltd Contracts Manager Role and Value Descriptor 2023
- Working Days – Monday to Friday
- Working Hours 42.5 - 7.30 – 4.30pm
- Reporting to Scotscape Maintenance Operations Manager
- Salary £35-40k dependent upon experience
- Company Pension
- 28 days holiday per annum including bank holidays
- Permanent contract of employment with a 3-month probation period
- Company vehicle and fuel card
Scotscape Maintenance Ltd manages and nurtures sustainable landscapes, shares its passion for Biodiversity and guides its clients towards sustainable horticultural practice. We manage and deliver to a portfolio of over 50 developments in central London and our business is growing. You can learn more about us here https://www.scotscape.co.uk/
We are delighted to be advertising a vacancy for a new Contracts Manager based predominantly in the West of London. The successful individual will be responsible for managing a team of on-site, and mobile horticultural maintenance specialists across a business portfolio of 25-30 developments. They will also be responsible for continually understanding the needs of our exacting clients, delivering horticultural solutions at the highest standard to meet those needs, providing the best client service, and developing new business. Part of the role will also include working with our horticultural specialists to design new plant install projects, and then managing those effectively through to completion within timescale and budget.
We will ensure that the successful candidate can develop their skills and continue or begin to develop a rewarding career within the garden maintenance and horticultural management industry.
Skills we are looking for:
- Experience managing a business portfolio.
- An organised self-starter with a thirst for managing and growing their business.
- Ability to drive, and comfortable travelling around London.
- A commercial mindset balanced with an understanding of the importance of sustainability.
- The ability to build effective relationships with a demanding client base in a commercial context.
- A horticultural qualification such as RHS Level 2/3.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership.
- Ability to manage teams effectively, to motivate and to develop others.
- Ability to develop rotas and to create commercial quotes.
- Ability to seek out and develop new business.
- Flexible and a team player
- Able to demonstrate emotional intelligence.
- Committed to delivering an excellent standard of service in all aspects.
- Project delivery management skills.
- Strong understanding of the importance of health and safety.
- COSHH or any other qualifications directly related to this role are also very desirable.
How you will be measured:
- Client satisfaction.
- Team satisfaction.
- Maintenance standards and / or horticultural project success / longevity.
- Effective leadership and people management resulting in high performance teams and high-quality delivery.
- Portfolio growth and the acquisition of new work.
- Sound management and maintenance of horticultural kit / machinery working with our Yard Manager.
- Health and safety.
- Inter-team support.
- Initiative and solution orientated thinking.
- Positive and can-do approach to tasks and challenges presented.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing marketplace and evolving client demands.
If you would like to discuss our business or the role in more detail before you apply, please contact Katy Clasby on 07500 061655 or alternatively Jason Clasby, Operations Manager on 07810 263201.
We are absolutely committed to appointing the right person so the selection process will incorporate two stages of interview, followed by a final stage presentation.